Working from home is quickly becoming the norm, and for so many, it’s a big adjustment. Remote work is not new to us at Atrilogy, we have been doing it for years, and as such, we would like to offer up our advice on how to make working from home the most effective and successful transition possible. Check out our list below:
- Create a space dedicated to your new home office. Try to avoid this space after hours to keep your professional and personal life separated.
- Try to stick to your routine as much as possible. Get up, shower, and get dressed for the day. Make sure to start and end your days as if you were showing up to an office.
- Stay connected with your team by way of video conferences or phone calls. Working from home can make one feel isolated so try to have more contact beyond emails.
- Ensure your internet connection is solid by either plugging directly in or installing extenders or a mesh network that allows a stronger signal throughout your home.
- Remember to password protect your device and wifi to ensure unwanted users cannot access your information.
- Take breaks. This is one of the most important pieces of advice we can share, especially during uncertain times. Take a walk outside, walk away from your desk to eat lunch, meditate… ensure you are taking mental breaks throughout the day.
- Lastly, investigate what is considered reimbursable and what you might be able to write off in taxes.
As always, we are here to assist you however possible to ensure you and your teams are set for success. Learn more here.